Friday, April 4, 2008

condiments and gas

The Condiment
12-15 cherry tomatoes
2 oz. feta cheese crumbled
juice from 1/2 a decent sized lemon
few tablespoons of olive oil
pepper to taste
you can add salt too, but feta is already really salty

Mix it all together in bowl and let it sit for 20-30 minutes to let the flavors meld.

I have put it in a sandwich, had it with salmon and scallops, in tacos. It is pretty good with just about anything...going to mix it with rice for lunch today.

CNBC stated that Saudi Arabia is running out of oil. Oil is trading at $105 a barrel today. A couple of weeks ago they blamed the oil prices on analysts reports which pisses me off because that means that the analysts are controlling the prices and not the supply and demand. Well, I just checked DOE's website and Saudi has projected the ability to produce 12 million barrels per day by next year. Well, that does not seem too short does it? They also have 2.5 billion barrels in reserves. So is this shortage a bunch of crap, designed to justify the price? Demand is around 22 million barrels per day but we get about 12% of our oil from Saudi Arabia. Canada is actually the biggest single country we receive our oil from, Mexcio and Venezuela are also in the top 5. And apparently Canada has an untapped resource in Alberta. The oil is however, mixed with sand and the processing is very expensive.

The economy only gets worse. There are been 80,000 layoffs in the last month. We keeping how those in the know are fearing recession. Hello? We are in a recession.
I don't feel confident in any predictions at this point. I am only concerned with conserving my cash and living frugally. Oh wait, I don't have any cash and I already live frugally. Am I screwed? No. I am employed and my monthly output is manageable...just barely. Viva cheap red wine, rice and beans. I will survive.

No comments: